Did you know that long before the spread of well-known card games like blackjack and poker, Indian gamblers devised entertaining card games of their own? Today, most of those card games are either extinct or about to become extinct. But some games have not only managed to survive, but they’re also thriving. Andar Bahar belongs to the latter.
The game is believed to have originated in the southern part of India, but has flourished all over the country in recent decades. Even gamblers across borders and continents have started playing it. It goes by another name as well, Katti, and is capturing the attention of many new players. Look at yourself, for example. You probably came across this game on a casino website, or a fellow gambler told you. Regardless, you’re here to learn about the game and maybe even start playing if it tickles your gambling bones.
This page will concentrate on every bit of important information about online Andar Bahar: what it is, how it’s played, its side bets and variants, and some strategies to nail the game from your first game. Finally, we’ve also reviewed the top Indian casinos to play Andar Bahar and compiled a helpful list. Just scroll to the bottom if that’s what you’re here for. Either way, let’s start with…
What is Online Andar Bahar? And Why Should You Play It?
Online Andar Bahar is an online version of the game Andar Bahar commonly played in brick-and-mortar casinos. It’s an umbrella term that includes Andar Bahar games played on a software, Andar Bahar games streamed live, and Andar Bahar games played in mobile casinos.
Virtual Andar Bahar:
The first type is called virtual Andar Bahar. Games under this category are run by software that emulates the elements of a real Andar Bahar game, including shuffling the cards, offering bets, and even handing the payouts. The outcomes are controlled by a tamper-proof Random Number Generator (RNG), a tool whose only job is to output random numbers. Virtual Andar Bahar games are commonly called Online Andar Bahar games and are known to eliminate human error and increase the speed of the game significantly by removing a human dealer from the equation.
Live Andar Bahar:
Another type of online Andar Bahar games are the ones streamed live. Referred to as live Andar Bahar games, they’re all about experiencing a hyper-realistic gambling experience. If you don’t want your fate determined by some randomly generated numbers in a software, live Andar Bahar games guarantee a human touch.
These games are played in a real studio, run by a real dealer, and played with real dealers. The game is recorded using high-quality cameras and audio equipment and then forwarded to your device via the internet. You can then watch the game on your desktop and interact with it using a convenient user interface built into the game. High definition audio and video feeds will ensure that you don’t miss a single detail. Intuitive user interface will let you set your preferences like adjusting the background music, interaction sounds, and overall volume of the game. Moreover, live Andar Bahar games bring you in contact with other Andar Bahar enthusiasts and casual players through a live chat feature.
Mobile Andar Bahar:
If you like playing Andar Bahar so much that you wish to play at every opportunity that presents itself, then mobile Andar Bahar is for you. It’s nothing but the online and live versions of Andar Bahar games optimized to run on devices with smaller screen sizes and processing resources. Mobile casinos also bring along with them some convenient payment methods that let you deposit right from your smartphone. Overall, mobile Andar Bahar is the best option for transactions and portability.
All these versions of playing online Andar Bahar have their own use cases. But, collectively, they boast a list of advantages that far outweigh any other way of playing Andar Bahar.
- No need to find a location – If you want to play Andar Bahar, the first thing you’ll have to look for is a place to do it. Unless you’re in Goa, you won’t find a casino to drive to. Even in Goa, you won’t know if it’s a good casino; if it offers good odds and if it’s reliable. If you say, “Screw that!” and decide to play at home, your game companions should live close enough to you that they can come over every time the plan is made. Online Andar Bahar combats this problem by letting you play on your device with a few clicks.
- No need to depend on others – An offline Andar Bahar player is always dependent on others. When you get the urge to play, you not only find family members or friends that are not only free but also wish to play seriously enough to make the whole exercise fun. When you play online Andar Bahar though, you don’t have to wait for anyone. A dealer-run Andar Bahar table with a single vacant seat will definitely bring a smile on your face.
- No need to regard time limitations – Offline Andar Bahar comes with several time limitations. Casinos open and close at fixed times, your companions have to follow their schedule, and your local traffic may heavily vary depending on the time of the day. What are you to do? Simply play Andar Bahar online on casino websites that are open 24×7.
- Payment Methods – After the demonetization fiasco a few years ago, many, if not most, Indians have gone cashless. So online casinos are much easier to play at since they accept a number of convenient payment methods like credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and even cryptocurrency as opposed to carrying cold cash to every traditional Andar Bahar game.
- Bonuses – Online casinos offer many types of bonuses that you can use to increase your bankroll, cut your losses, and generally have more fun playing. Offline Andar Bahar doesn’t offer any of these advantages.
- Essential Requirements – Let’s say you want to play Andar Bahar right now, this very moment. You’ll need a deck of cards, a flat surface, and a few friends to play traditional Andar Bahar. You’ll need a device with an internet connection to play Andar Bahar. Check your pockets and look around you. Which one do you have? And which one are you likely to be able to play at any given moment? This is what makes Andar Bahar the ultimate solution for Indian gamblers.
How Do You Play Online Andar Bahar?
Before we get into the what and the how, here are some terms you’ll need to know so you’re actually able to understand what the instructions mean:
- Andar – Andar refers to one of the boxes on the table where cards are placed after being drawn from the deck. It’s on the left side of the player. In Hindi, it means “inside”. Andar also refers to one of the two bets in the game, where the player indicates that the winning card will appear in the Andar box.
- Bahar – Bahar refers to the other box on the table that’s also reserved for placing cards. It’s on the player’s right side. In Hindi, it means “outside”. Bahar also refers to one of the two bets in the game, where the player indicates that the winning card will appear in the Bahar box.
- Table Minimum– The minimum wager amount that you can place in a particular online Andar Bahar game is called the table minimum. This value may change from casino to casino.
- Table Maximum – The maximum wager amount that you can place in a particular online Andar Bahar game is called the table maximum. This value may change from casino to casino.
- Game Card – The game card is the one that’s drawn first in the round. All other cards are drawn in reference to the game card. Additionally, the game card may also be referred to as the Trump Card, the Cut Card, or the Main Card.
- Winning Card – The winning card is the card that’s similar to the game card and appears in one of the boxes while the dealer is drawing the cards one by one. While comparing the other cards with the game card, the suit is not taken into consideration.
With these terms in mind, let’s start with your objective in the game:
“In Andar Bahar, the player’s objective is to beat the house by correctly predicting the side — Andar or Bahar — on which the winning card will appear.”
When you click on an online Andar Bahar game title, you’ll be taken to a table with a casino table covered in the classic green felt. On top of the felt will be printed the Andar and Bahar boxes, on your left and right respectively. Some games may represent these boxes horizontally, where the top box is Andar and the bottom one is Bahar.
As the game starts, players place their bets and the dealer selects the game card. They then proceed to shuffle the deck and place the cards one by one in the two boxes alternatively. The winner is determined when the winning card appears on the table. Payouts are handed out according to the payout table. The entire process can be broken down into four detailed phases.
Phase 1: As the game starts, the dealer gives you an option to choose one card out of thirteen random cards. The card you select is designated as the game card and kept in a separate box on the table. Be sure to select the card quickly as this step is allotted a very short time. In case there are multiple players at the table, the dealer doesn’t give this option to anybody. Rather, they select a random card from a shuffled deck to set as the game card.
Phase 2: The dealer starts shuffling the cards and starts the betting timer. You interact with the game’s UI to show your prediction. You can do this by clicking on one of the two buttons on the screen labeled “Andar” and “Bahar”.
Step 3: At the end of the betting period, the dealer starts drawing cards one by one and alternatively placing them in the Andar and Bahar boxes. The standard rule is that if the first card drawn belongs to the black suit, the dealer starts dealing from the Andar box. Alternatively, if the first card to turn up is from the red suit, dealing starts from the Bahar box.
Step 4: As the dealer continues to reveal the cards one by one, the excitement in the game peaks when one of the cards matches the Game Card. At this point, the casino software automatically determines the winners based on their bets and allocates the wins, if any.
Though most online Andar Bahar games will follow this process, there are some cases in which it will deviate. Such cases are the result of the online Andar Bahar game accepting additional bets and side bets.
- Additional Bet – Some casinos let players place an additional bet after their first one. The dealer stops after dealing one card each in the Andar and Bahar boxes and gives the players a chance to place their second bet. The only limitation on your additional bet is the table limit as you cannot cross it. Once you and the other players confirm their additional bets, the game proceeds as usual. The payouts for additional bets are clearly specified as well.
- Side Bets – Apart from the additional bet, online Andar Bahar allows some exciting side bets as well. The most exciting of them is one that lets you place bets on the game card itself. Winning this bet means you’ll win the game even before it has started. Even if you lose the main bet in the worst-case scenario, you’ll face a much smaller loss. Other side bets include betting on whether or not its value will be more or less than a number or predicting the suit of the winning card. Many online casinos offer even more types of side bets. You can inquire the dealer about them before the game begins.
What is the Payout Structure in Online Andar Bahar?
Just like the rules, the online version follows its traditional cousin when it comes to the payout structure. When a player wins, their payout depends on whether the winning card appeared on the side the first card was dealt or not. If the winning card appears in the box (Andar or Bahar) in which the first card was dealt in, the winner gets a 90% payout. If not, a full 100% payout rate is used. The table below will give you a clearer picture.
|Bet Amount (₹)||Winning card appears on the same side as first drawn card||Winning card appears on the other side than the first drawn card|
Where Can I Play Online Andar Bahar?
There are hundreds of online casinos in India but few provide an acceptable online Andar Bahar experience, and fewer still are the ones worth commending. This is why we have reviewed top casino websites in India for playing Andar Bahar. We’ve also added a list of the casinos with their direct links at the top of this page. Read the reviews, shortlist the casinos that appeal to you, scroll up to find the list, click on the respective links, and start playing online Andar Bahar within minutes.
Where can I play online Andar Bahar for free?
Right here. Yes, before you get into the nitty-gritty of things, here is an Andar Bahar game you can play for free. Use it to practice the rules you’ve just learned and master the tactics. And since this demo game doesn’t require any real money deposits, you can even practice your bankroll and bet size management.
Where can I play online Andar Bahar for real money?
- Andar Bahar Titles: Andar Bahar Live
- Other Speciality: Good collection of online and live casino games
- Welcome Bonus: Get free ₹500 along with 100% first deposit bonus, 50% second deposit bonus, and 25% third bonus.
Showlion’s dedication to its Indian gambling base is clear from its front page banners. The page has two banners advertising its Andar Bahar and Teen Patti offerings. In the former department, Showlion hosts Ezugi’s Andar Bahar Live which comes with an unlimited number of players and 8 additional side bets. Needless to say, you’ll always get more than what you ask for at Showlion.
The website supports Indian currency and even has an India-specific support line via WhatsApp. Moreover, the casino offers a fantastic 3-stage welcome package and deposit bonuses on daily deposits with unlimited validity. You’ll even find fellow Indian gamblers featured on Showlion’s front page in the winners’ list.
For times when you want to switch from Andar Bahar and play something else for a change, Showlion has you covered. Its live games collection includes Immersive Roulette, Blackjack Live, Baccarat Live, Auto Roulette Live VIP, Super Sic Bo, and Dragon Tiger while Teen Patti, Baccarat, Classic Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, and others make up its table game library. If you’re itching to spin some slots, you can try your hand at Bollywood Story, Super Sweets, and 9 Lions among others
- Andar Bahar Titles: Andar Bahar
- Other Speciality: Multiple welcome packages for different game categories
- Welcome Bonus: 120% Casino Welcome Bonus up to ₹25,000
Bodog was founded in 1994, making it one of the oldest dogs in the race. In the time it has been around, it has amassed a big following of Indian punters. The casino is inclusive and appeals to players with a wide variety of interests. For your Andar Bahar interests, the casino has a bare-bones Andar Bahar title. Instead of filling the screen with useless visual elements, the game is kept simple and approachable. Moreover, Bodog lets you play the game for free as well. This way, you can practice and try out the game even without signing up.
Other attractions at the theme park named Bodog are several slots, table games, video poker, and some specialty games. Browsing through categories, you’ll find your fingers twitching to play sports betting and fun live dealer games on the website. Moreover, Bodog promises “New Games Every Week” so you’ll always have something new to try, in which case you can take advantage of Bodog’s Sportsbook Welcome bonus, Poker Welcome Bonus, and Live Casino Welcome Bonus.
- Andar Bahar Titles: Andar Bahar Live
- Other Speciality: Excellent mobile gaming experience
- Welcome Bonus: Deposit bonus of ₹80000 over the first three deposits
LeoVegas is a reputed online casino in every country it has set its foot in. It has dominated the market with its power-packed performance and features. It has received several awards for its services and is referred to as “the King of Mobile Casinos”. So it’s only fair for you to expect it to offer an excellent mobile Andar Bahar experience. And you’ll not be disappointed.
LeoVegas hosts Ezugi’s Andar Bahar Live that comes with unlimited seats and 8 additional bets. While Ezugi has developed a masterpiece of a game, LeoVegas does an equally good job of presenting it on the mobile. LeoVegas has also enabled the “Free Play” feature on most of its games. Speaking of which, you can find standard slots, jackpots, table games, sports betting options, and daily jackpots at LeoVegas.
- Andar Bahar Titles: Live Andar Bahar
- Other Speciality: Exclusive tournaments for members
- Welcome Bonus: 100% first deposit bonus up to ₹10000
If you decide to check out all the casinos on our list here, one casino will stand out — JeetWin. Why? Because it has got a brand ambassador that every Indian player recognizes and swears by, who is none other than the fabulous Sunny Leone. With such a strong backing, it’s no wonder that JeetWin has captured many Indian players’ attention. But what does it have on offer anyway?
JeetWin boasts a wide variety of games from reputed providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, PLAY’nGO, Red Tiger, Quickspin, Asia Gaming, and Evolution Gaming. Jumping on to other sections of the website, you’ll find live casino games like blackjack, roulette, poker, and baccarat along with some interesting attractions like Dragon Tiger, Extreme Texas Hold’em, Sexy Lobby, MRG Lobby, and Baccarat-1. Add to this the wide collection of online table games, slots, and jackpots, and it’s hard to believe the level of repute JeetWin has garnered despite being launched in 2017.
For our purpose, it’s good to mention that JeetWin has an entire section dedicated to Andar Bahar. Here, you can find some of the most entertaining Andar Bahar games available in the market today.
- Andar Bahar Titles: Live Andar Bahar and VIP Live Andar Bahar
- Other Speciality: Best cricket betting options
- Welcome Bonus: Play Andar Bahar games and win ₹500 Free Sports Bet
Within just a few years, 10Cric has taken the top ranking for the best cricket betting sites in India. It’s known for a broad range of cricket match bettings, betting on other Indian games, and a dedicated page for IPL news, showing its high level of attention towards the Indian audience. The casino extends the same level of attention towards other Indian games as well, namely Andar Bahar. The casino has two titles under the category: Live Andar Bahar and VIP Live Andar Bahar.
Live Andar Bahar brings the traditional game online while keeping its soul intact in its rules, gameplay, and payouts. VIP Live Andar Bahar takes the experience a step further with premium, exclusive features and betting limits high enough to attract even the biggest whales. 10Cric also hosts the usual range of online table games, slots, and jackpots. Its sports betting page covers most standard sports like tennis, basketball, football, cycling, and many more, other than, of course, cricket.
- Andar Bahar Titles: Andar Bahar by OneTouch and Live Speed Andar Bahar by Super Spade
- Other Speciality: India-centric games like Live Teen Patti, Live Casino War, Bollywood Story, and Cricket Star
- Welcome Bonus: 100% bonus up to ₹10000
Pure Casino is one of the few online casinos that has been launched with the Indian player in mind. Don’t believe us? Visit the website now and you’ll see. Everything from the home page colors to language support at Pure Casino screams Indian. The home page is draped in the Indian flag’s colors, orange, white, green, and blue. And in the center of this page, Pure Casino mentions Andar Bahar before any other casino games, showing respect and attention to detail towards the classic Indian card game.
The website showcases two Andar Bahar games — Andar Bahar by OneTouch and Live Speed Andar Bahar by Super Spade. While Andar Bahar is your run-of-the-mill virtual Andar Bahar game title, Live Speed Andar Bahar brings the authenticity of playing the game in a real, brick-and-mortar casino and mixes it with an element of speed to make it even more exciting. Heading over to other categories, we find everything from slots, jackpot games, scratch cards, and blitz games to tables games like roulette, poker, baccarat, and blackjack. The website even has a host of India-centric games like Live Casino War, Cricket Star, Live Teen Patti, and Bollywood Story.
Online Andar Bahar FAQs
What is the difference between the game card and the winning card?
The game card is the one that’s drawn first in the round. All other cards are drawn in reference to the game card. Additionally, the game card may also be referred to as the Trump Card, the Cut Card, or the Main Card.
The winning card is the card that’s similar to the game card and appears in one of the boxes while the dealer is drawing the cards one by one. While comparing the other cards with the game card, the suit is not taken into consideration.
What does online Andar Bahar consist of?
Online Andar Bahar is an umbrella term that includes virtual Andar Bahar, live Andar Bahar, and mobile Andar Bahar. Virtual Andar Bahar uses a random number generator and a virtual table in a game software to simulate the gambling experience. It’s known for its speed and simplicity.
Live Andar Bahar is a stream of a live game of Andar Bahar directly to your device and lets you interact with real players and a real dealer through buttons and live chat. It’s known for its realism and immersion.
Mobile Andar Bahar enables you to play the aforementioned virtual and live Andar Bahar on your mobile device. It’s known for its portability and flexibility.
Why are there two payout percentages in Andar Bahar?
When you win a bet in Andar Bahar, your payout depends on one condition — whether the winning card appeared on the side the first card was dealt or not. If the box of the winning card and the first card are the same, then you get a payout of 90%. Alternatively, if your winning card lands in the box other than the one in which the first card was dealt, your amount gets doubled, meaning a full 100% payout.
Every casino game must have a house edge for the casino business to flourish. However, different games incorporate this house edge in different ways. In Andar Bahar, the difference in the payout percentages is what gives the casino its house edge of 2.15% on the Andar bet and 3% on the Bahar bet.
Does Andar Bahar support side bets and additional bets?
Yes, Andar Bahar supports side bets and additional bets. In additional bet, the dealer stops after dealing one card each in the Andar and Bahar boxes and gives the players a chance to place their second bet. The only limitation on your additional bet is the table limit as you cannot cross it. Apart from the additional bet, players can place some side bets as well. These include betting on whether or not the game card’s value will be more or less than a number, predicting the suit of the winning card, or betting on the game card itself. You can inquire the dealer about all the supported side bets before the game begins.
Can I play Andar Bahar for free?
Yes, many of the websites on our list offer Free Play modes for Andar Bahar games. You can even try the demo version on this page as well. Just scroll up to find it and start playing. Note that free games won’t win you real money prizes; they’re only played for practice and fun.